This car was purchased by a collector who will be having the car restored by us. This will be an award-winning restoration effort; correct in every way for NCRS judging.
Please check back often for updates and photos of progress.
This is the real thing folks! 1970 Cortez Silver Convertible, 370HP LT1. Documented with tank sticker, original order sheet, a copy of the triginal title and other ownership papers. Partial protect-o-plate also included.
Nearly 100% complete and original:
Original paint throughout (Motion stripes painted over OG paint). Original engine block, heads, intake, starter, alternator, T.I. ignition, clutch / flywheel, bellhousing etc. Numbers matching transmission, rear differential, date coded shocks and springs with stickers still visible.
Rare tilt / telescopic steering, 4.11 Posi rear diff, Hard top, Am/FM radio and Auxiliary alarm system all still with the car.
VIN # 194670S410980 Build date: June 1970 Body color: 986 Cortez Silver Interior: 400 Black Vinyl
Tank sticker Partial protecto-plate Copy of original Title with lien release (Optional hardtop)
1. Block Casting: 3790010 dated E 1 0
2. Block Stamping: 70S410980 V0513CTK (Stamping examined by NCRS judge, and deemed to be original)
3. Cylinder Heads: 3927186 Left: dated D 27 0 Right: dated D 30 0
4. Crankshaft: 1182 forged steel
5. Connecting rods: Pink rods with O cast into the end caps
6. Pistons: stock bore TRW domed pistons
7. Camshaft: Unknown at this point, but suspect it is stock (3972178) as original, still in block
8. Intake Manifold: 3972110 (date code is under the heat shield on bottom of intake. Can’t see it, but would guess it’s right)
9. Flywheel: 3973468 Nodular GM dated C 11 0
clutch, pressure plate, throwout bearing, and fork are all original to the car.
10. Bell housing: 3899621with inspection pan attached.
11. Ignition coil: 1115272 (T.I ignition)
Related engine parts:
1. A.I.R. system, pump with mounting bracket, diverter valve and exhaust feeds. (original dated clamps still in place)
2. Water pump: 3782698 dated C 17 0
3. Alternator: 1100884 dated 0 E 18 61 Amp
4. Starter: 1108338 dated 0 D 23
5. Radiator: 3018803 (Copper) Tag: MK9
6. Baffled oil pan
7. 8 inch harmonic balancer
8. T.I. amplifier and wiring still in car
10. Cooling fan, 5 blade, with clutch dated 5 5 70
Transmission: Main case: 3925660 Stamping: POC12B (Muncie 70 March 12th M21) 706410980 (1970 June 6 digits VIN)
Rear: 3871375 Axle code 2CFB 4 14 70
4:11 dated C 24 0